Cancer diagnosis calls for a combination of careful clinical assessment and diagnostic investigations. Once a diagnosis is confirmed, it is necessary to ascertain cancer staging to evaluate the extension of the disease and be able to provide treatment accordingly. Conventional treatment options include surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and immunotherapy. These therapies have all been tested in clinical trials and proven to be acceptable, safe and effective, although with often unpleasant side effects.
Cancer treatment not only aims at curing but prolonging useful life and improving quality of life. Lokmanya believes that Cancer treatment should give priority to early detectable tumors and potentially curable cancers. In addition, Holistic approaches including AYUSH Treatment, psychosocial support, rehabilitation and close coordination with palliative care to ensure the best possible quality of life for cancer patients.
A comprehensive and accurate cancer diagnosis is the first step in developing an individualized cancer treatment plan. When you first visit one of our hospitals, we will perform a complete array of diagnostic tests to accurately confirm your diagnosis and plan your individualized treatment.
This initial diagnostic evaluation typically takes about three to five days.
The following are some common diagnostic tests
- A review of health & Family history
- Physical examination
- Pap Smear \ Biopsy
- Laboratory tests (blood, urine, etc.)
- Imaging tests (X-ray, ultrasound, Mammography CT, MRI, etc.)
- Nuclear medicine scans (bone scans, etc.) if required
- Genetic tests
Following Diagnostic Facilities already available with Lokmanya Cancer Center
- Radio imaging : X-ray, CT scan, 2D echo USG, Mamography
- Laboratory / Biochemistry :Pathology, Cytology, Histopathology, Tumor Markers
- Cardiology : 3 channeled 12 lead ECG, Stress test Treadmill
- Neurology : EMG \ NCV \ BERA, EEG, ECT.
- Nephrology : Renal Hemodialysis.
- Cathlab : Advanced Sumatzu Lab.
Diagnostics plays an important role throughout your cancer treatment
- Before treatment, we will accurately locate tumors, stage the disease, and determine an appropriate combination of cancer treatments for you. Tumor molecular profiling helps us identify the right chemotherapy or targeted therapy drugs before treatment, which reduces unnecessary toxicity and identifies an appropriate treatment approach from the start.
- During your treatment, we will track the size of the tumor, progression of the disease, and your response to treatment, and modify your treatment accordingly. Minimally invasive tools like navigational bronchoscopy and endoscopic ultrasound allow us to find and reach very small tumors without the risks of surgery.
- After you complete treatment, we will follow up with you to evaluate any symptoms you may have, and schedule regular check-ups to monitor for any signs of metastasis or recurrence. Technologies like the Discovery™ PET/CT 600 allow us to accurately detect small lesions in areas of the body subject to movement, like the breasts, lungs, colon and prostate.
Experienced care team
Our diagnostic team includes physicians across many medical specialties, including Pathologists Hematologist, Radiologists, and geneticists. They have expertise in using advanced, minimally invasive diagnostic tests and procedures to diagnose the disease.