LMRC is recognized by the Department of Science & Technology, (DST) (Govt. of India) as a Scientific & Industrial Research Organization (SIRO). LMRC is a multidisciplinary research organization established with an objective of translating research into interventions that will extend quality health and lifespan. Our work is driven by a few guiding principles: Multi-disciplinary intervention approach, linking services with evidence based research, Inter-sectoral collaboration, engaging Participatory methods and scaling up programs.
LMRC engaged in community Health development sector and conducts basic, applied and extra mural research to gain insights about medical and therapeutic science with a commitment to finding new ways to reduce the burden of illness. LMRC contributes to the building of a prosperous and vibrant society by providing quality health services with its evidence based research interventional strategy, modern technology and up to date infrastructural backup.
Many eminent professional from Medical, Industrial Health, Academician, Social Scientists and Law experts are on the Governing Council and Research Advisory Body of the Lokmanya Medical Research Centre. The “Ethics Committee” of the Lokmanya Medical Research Centre, has been Registered with the Drugs Controller General (India), Directorate General of Health services, New Delhi The institutional Ethical Committee follows the ICMR ethical guidelines, ICH- GCP guidelines with written SOP version 2 dated 2013. These committees have been constituted meeting all the statutory requirements.
Lokmanya also offers excellent opportunity for research with many ongoing projects approved and supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and other national and international research bodies.
LMRC is also recognized for post graduate studies by the National Board of Examinations. Various Research projects are undertaken at LMRC by eminent consultants of this hospital and post graduate students registered with NBE.
The thrust areas of work was mainly –
- Cancer : Early detection of cancer, training, Prevention and treatment
- HIV/AIDS : Prevention and strategic intervention among industries, Truck Drivers, Migrants
- Occupational Health : Education ,treatment ,stomach wash analysis
- RCH : Reproductive child health project for pregnant mother, children ,family planning etc
- AYUSH : Setting up of Panchakarma & Ksharasutra, Yoga & Naturopathy
- Clinical Trials : new drugs
- Road Safety and Emergency Services – Awareness, Capacity building and training.
- Research – Socio- medical ,Bio-medical research